Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Story time-Love You Forever

Today I found a copy of a book the I love and cherish and  I want to share the story on how I got the book:
My mother died in 1998 from a brain aneurysm and she was not able to be at my wedding to give a gift that she always said she wanted to give me.  So my aunts decided to make sure that I got the gift.  So on my wedding day they got my suitcase without me knowing and placed a gift inside it. 

So when Channing and I were on our honeymoon I opened up my suit case to unpack and their was a gift for me.  I told Channing thank you and he said that he did not get that for me.  So, I opened the gift and it was a book Title Love You Forever.  I opened the first page and my aunts had wrote a story about how they knew that my mother wanted to give me this book on my wedding day.  I had never read this book, so on my honeymoon I read the book and cried my eyes out and now every time I read it I cry. 

I have read it to Kennedy several time but today at story time it was Brooklyn's first time hearing it.  It brings joy to my heart every time I read it and also I cry. 


I miss my mother but I know that this little children's book will be a way I can share the love I have for my mother with my girls.  My mother would love to see the girls but she is in a better place with the Lord and that puts peace in my soul.

2 comments:

  1. You sure do know how to make someone cry. Are you at the beach until your house is built?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No we are in Pembroke. Jsut went there for a few days with Channing.

    ReplyDelete